Saturday, January 29, 2011

Jason Being an Atheist

Mom: Son, we have to go to church today.
Jason: Today, I'll pray at home Mom
Mom: No son. today the Clarks are going to be sitting next to us at the church. They are good people and their friendship will mean a lot to your father. Mary Clark is a nice girl, you know. She has expressed a desire in meeting you. What other place to meet than in the presence of God? *Eyes closed*
Jason: MOM! There's something I've to tell you, I am an atheist.
Mom: Jason Dyck! You Will listen to me today. Such foolish thoughts and behaviour will not be entertained by your father.
Jason: Do you mean dad or the Father in heaven? *Smirk on his face* I think the father in heaven will be more displeased with you going to his "holy house" with such thoughts...THAT IS if the Father and the house exists. I am better off being an atheist than a hypocrite Christian like many I know. Now, let me continue reading.
Mom: Okay, Jay. Do what you like for this weekend. I sincerely hope for your good that you mend your ways. We are off to Church to pray for your soul.
Jason's busy reading and Mom leaves room. In half an hour, his parents leave home.

Jason: So what am I going to do next week? going to church be meet Mary Clark?! You must be kidding me. I would rather sing at Mrs. Higgings choir than talk to Mary.

No comments: