Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Yeah Made IT!!

Yeah….I made it!!
Hey.. don’t get this wrong.. I didn’t get thru’ KBC.. nor did I finally learn how to make chicken curry the way my mom makes.. nor did I assemble my pc by myself..okay forget the so mundane things in life I have yet to do..;).. no points for guessing what I finally did.. even if u try u won’t guess it rite.. just sometime back I had told one of my friends.. a classmate of mine about a really wacky wish of mine.. its really wacky..;) .. don’t want the rest of the world to hear it.. he had a weird expression on his face after hearing that.. n I realized t’was prolly better to chuck out that wish for the time being.. !
Okay coming back ….
I walked thru’ the streets of calicut form one end to another.. seriously.. the time I started was 3 in the afternoon.. not a very cool time for this season.. it was burnin hot.. but c I was kinda jobless n also I did not know where I was.. thanks to me sleeping in the bus.. got a bus from the S.M street back to my place(at 2 somethin.. ).. sat next to a man who was already sleeping .. falling on the side.. I hate that.. n I always happen to have the wonderful opportunity to sit beside such people.. be it any mode of transport.. bus, train or plane..:(
So.. it was scorching hot .. the chicken biryani from Sagar was already making me feel so full .. and the wind blowing against my face.. it was the perfect ambience.. the next thing I knew .. I had reached some place.. seriously no idea.. I woke up.. coz the ‘nice’ conductor decided that ‘we’ had lost our place on the way.. the `we` refers to me and the man sittin next to me.. he woke us both up ,commenting ‘achanum molekum Veete ponde??” translation: ‘dad n daughter doesn’t wanna go home?’ .. I nearly freaked out.. thought I was dreaming.. cudn’t realize where I was .. n some crazy guy mistook the man sitting next to him to be my dad.. anyways I got down from the bus..and started walking just like dat.. after about an half an hour I reached familiar territory.. looked like I’ve been there before.. so I asked a lady whether I cud get the bus to my place from here.. she gave me a puzzled look .. she looked at me for sometime.. I think she thought I had gone nuts.. finally she told me that to get the bus I had to walk the way back.. in the sense the way I had come.. I was ready to scream out over there.. it was one hot day..
So I started walkin back.. really drudging along…n yeah to top it all I was walking along the footpath adjacent to the canoli canal.. for ppl who haven’t hrd abt the famous canoli canal let me enlighten u… it’s the most polluted canal or whatever.. in the city..
finally I reached back to the same bus stop from where I had got down from that bus.. since I realized that one way was wrong.. the way I had taken initially.. I knew that it had to be the other way.. so I stood there for sometime waiting for the bus back home.. now I was sure of the way I had just gone and come back aimlessly.. the names of the place.. everything.. I realized that if I walk the way back home.. I wud be sure of the remaining way also..the heat had reduced a lot.. the sky had become a bit cloudy.. n then I suddenly had this fleeting feeling that it might rain.. that would be IT… its not like hostel .. where the moment it rains.. we all run out into the courtyard.. the place I mentioned about in one of my posts… and get thoroughly drenched.. but now..its calicut..where I cud feel hard stares all the way thru.. staring back has almost become a hobby.. its just who wud stop staring first.. !!
Anyways I just kept my fingers crossed hoping it wudn’t rain.. n yeah I finally made it home..at 5:30… it dint rain.. n I guess i`ll hopefully never sleep in the bus again.. make it a point to stand for short journeys.. no matter what..and I’m sure I won’t stand and sleep..;)
PS: please donot think that I’m so ignorant that I didn’t know my way back home.. the home refers to my grand mom’s place in calicut specifically malaparamba, for those familiar with calicut.Not been there many times..

2 comments:

Paro said...

buddy...good one...:D....

Kryptonite said...

athnx.. worte it 1 hr after i got back..from the gr8 trip.. ;)