Tuesday, May 01, 2007

2 yrs down the lane.. 2 more yrs to go..

I realized with mixed feelings yesterday nite (the last day of the dreaded end sems..)that I had completed half of my college life at nitc.. feel sad when I think about it.. just 2 more yrs to go.. the classmates, best friends, sharing jokes,
each person who has entered my life as a collegemate/batchmate/classmate/bestfriend/closefriend/friend/even an acquaintance, will be remembered.. the duration depends on the category.. ;)
Ragam,lh farewell, thathva(not much though..! ) and the likes will leave an indelible mark in my heart forever.. I guess I’m getting too senti..
Happy abt 1 thing.. v r still in the same hostel in the comin yr.. phew can’t imagine changing to the new lh block.. its like long corridors and u can’t call out for anyone whenever u wan’t.
In terms of quality, present hostel rooms mite be small.. v don’t hav net or lan.. getting it soon though..but the feeling of oneness.. its like the traditional kerala tharavad houses.. I guess it’s called naalekettu(dunno if this is the way it’s spelled in Malayalam..!) .. that’s a house with four sides and a courtyard in the middle.. the whole joint family stays in that 1 house.. each part prolly one family..
1st yr was slow.. n yes I disliked my 2nd sem thru’out.. from the very beginning till the end.. many reasons..not that t’was an even sem.. a misconception.. coz I liked my 4th sem..
2nd yr was fast.. but then u reach 4th yr.. its ultra cool… nothing to do.. no labs.. not much 2 study.. max of 4 subjects.. if u take overload .. just roam abt.. n yeah u’ll b always noticed.. the younger lot.. that’s the 1st & 2nd yrs.. wud b like .. hey there goes the 4th yrs.. jobless… ! ;).. n then u go out into the big world.. where deadlines mean deadlines.. no excuses whatsoever..

the pro show by shaan this yr for ragam was simply the best ever at nitc… the oat(open air theatre) was packed 3900 that nite… it was an awesome performance for 2 hrs.. end to end…

on technical side.. math over forever.. wrote the last math exam in my life.. I guess so..! its sad though .. coz I liked the subject.. also the bunkometer(the no. of classes bunked in each subject).. had reached a high.. compared to s3.. in the case of some subjects in s4.. which were just plain borin.. thanx to many factors.. which I wud not mention.. guess its obvious.. if my classmates are reading this they’ll prolly be noddin their heads in approval.. for the same subjects.. names censored though.. if u were in comp sci u wud b knowin the most borin subs of s4.. in the end actually got scared if I wud get attendance shortage for a subject.. thanx to the silly idea of 80%attendance.. 8 classes can b cut max for a subject in a sem… the idea of 80%attendance is seriously ridiculous.. I still can’t figure out the reason for such a high percentage… !
they really should reduce the %..
k then signin off…
wanna sleep. Coz of the nite out yest.. actually not a nite out.. sat up till 5 in morning n watched movies.. 300(no not that many… PJ!!!.. it’s the new movie out.. Spartan..n awesome graphics..) n some others.. its always this way.. durin exams.. too sleepy even to sit up till 10 n the day exams get over.. there’s no question about sleepin…;)

Before signing off.. I wanna dedicate a song to all my friends:
My best friends..
2nd floor of old lh block.. (it rocks at nite..thanx to nami’s and shane’s laughter ;)..)


2nd yr comp sci classmates.. an awesome lot.. initially thought they were just plain boring.. during sangam .. when v got the coveted last postn.. or was it 2nd last?? Don’t remember.. even the comp sci t-shirt.. the one n only ORANGE colour t-shirt never seen a comp scian wearing it..except for a few..
2nd yr batchmates of mine..
everything happens to be starting with 2nd !!
the only roommates I ever had until now.. that was in 1st yr..
the wonderful seniors..
my skool friends.. 3 yrs since I saw some of them.. but staying in touch thanx to orkut..n mobile phone ofcourse..
n yes.. last but not the least .. the E-batch.. 1st yr classmates of mine.. the famous 12 gals .. e batch makkal.. (children ;) ) n yes the guys.. each of them a specific character..Guess :
the guy who wud always ask the time..purposely forget to wear a watch.
The guy who wud be made fun of .. no matter what happens.. I guess he’ll never change.. was incidentally our class rep..
Many more come to my mind.. but I guess this wud do.. or I wont be signin off today…!
The song is graduation song by vitamin c.. don’t laugh ur heads off.. I know v haven’t yet graduated.. n yes there is a band named vitamin c.. check it out for urselves.. !
The words are awesome.. but one line really caught me off guard.. goes like this (the chorus line):
As we go on… we remember all the times v had together.. n as our lives change… come whatever v will still be friends forever…
cheers
anna

4 comments:

Ajith Prasad Balakrishnan said...

"8 classes can b cut max for a subject in a sem… the idea of 80%attendance is seriously ridiculous." -- Dont u have a concept of proxy which we ppl used to the max :D ?

Kryptonite said...

yeah .. hav the concept of proxy.. but depends on the teachers.. ;).. its not proxy now.. thanx to two doors on both sides of the classroom.. get in thru one door n give attendanec ... n leave thru 2nd door.;)

Unknown said...

Lol .

The first and last time I tried the so called doors trick, I was caught :(

4 more sems ... good but u will feel like comin back...

80% attendance ... Thats harsh on late sleepers (or early sleepers, in the class)

Kryptonite said...

as the sems go by the idea of 80% attendance is too much to bear...now being in s6,almost everyone has reached the brink of exhaustion,classes being cut to do lab work, classes being cut coz v luv to stay in hostel ;) ...classes being cut coz when u cut one class in a subject...the rest of the classes donot make much sense unless u decide to understand the class u missed before goin for that subject's next class.. otherwise it's just attendance sake entrance to that class...