Thursday, June 15, 2006

Alma Mater…ADIS (Part I )

I’m writing this piece of my biography sitting at a desk in an AC room in Intercontinental Abu Dhabi(a ***** hotel..no stars on keyboard…hehe)
I assure you there would be no additional points for guessing the circumstances that brought me here…
Nways coming back to ADIS …my school years in ADIS are filled with bitter-sweet memories….many close friends, wonderful teachers…Most of the days would begin with a prayer to Almighty…in the morning assembly…’God We thank Thee’ or the Hindi prayer ‘Daya Kar Na..’ ….I said most of the days since some days ….fortunately …we won’t have the morning assembly. I’ll tell u the fortunately part in another post…a post about the morning assembly…
If our class teacher cared about such facts of life..like the morning prayer…some of them did..;) …then they would ask us to recite it…else the day would start with a math or physics period.
Having a math period on the 1st hour of the day was fun…in most cases..i say most cases…as it also depends on your math teacher or whether u have a pending homework which u had unfortunately planned to finish copying ASAP. from the class nerd during the 15 minute break…. ;) …BREAK was a very small part of the time during our school hours….unlike other schools which have 30 min to 1 hour break…we just have a MERE 15 minute break!!
K…I have divided these 14 years of schooling into 1st: KG to 4th (don’t remember much..but I guess it was rather uneventful… ;) ) 5th till 7th(bitter memories…..miserable school life…k here were some teeny-weeny sweet memories too… ) then one entire post for 8th std. (recuperation time from 3 miserable yrs…I’m not kidding…) and the last part is 9th to 12th (almost fabulous… ;) )
K I have to stop here…will be there with the other parts very soon…
Till then
Cya
signing off
anna

No comments: