Friday, May 26, 2006

Chemistry of Room mates.......

Disclaimers: This is an absolute piece of fiction…it does not mean to intentionally or unintentionally hurt anyone …. :D
This is just based on silent retrospection….(nothing else to do these days…;))…and a small pep talk with the inmates of the famous LH of NITC
This is really a time pass on Friday morning where my dear bros are busy studying for their exams…..n I’m the jobless one around….

So here goes…:
Room mates ….not decided by us in the first year….our destiny is decided by the warden of LH….n that will b the first n last time some1 in LH has roommates…since we are offered single rooms from 2nd year onwards..
Roommates are the ppl with whom you spent the remaining day after coming back from a hectic day in clg.. if u choose to….i say if you choose to because it is up to you to be in ur room or ur friends room…if u think u hav born losers as room mates….;)
Room mates can be particularly helpful to act as a morning alarm while u r still dozing off on the bed at 7:40 while your class is at 8:00( yours truly had a personal experience of this many times….;))
It is better to hear the sweet, mellifluous voice of ur room mate(no I’m not exaggerating!) rather than the cacophonous alarm of that clock which I want to crush everyday while getting up.
Then there will be small misunderstandings regarding chote chote baatien like cleaning the room…( I know of a friend who ended up changing rooms coz her room mate wouldn’t do her share of room chores!)
When I met with my old long lost friends(boo hoo!) I realised that some of them who had become room mates in hostel turned out to be fighting to no end(the saying ‘familiarity breeds contempt’ makes complete sense now).
But the great times you have with your room mates are really unforgettable moments in your hostel life….depends on how you and your room mates get along. Room mates are SUPPOSED to be your best friends….!
Room mates can be a positive or negative influence on you.
They can be a beacon of light in a dark world for many….!

Now I’m getting all nostalgic remembering the 1derful moments with my room mates..the small joys…the chotte temper tantrums….it is really something I’m gonna miss when I go to 2nd year…
Dedicating the ong from friends ‘I’ll be there for you’ to my sweet room mates…(names not disclosed to protect privacy….u know being my room mmates will be a lot of publicity for them more than they can manage….k stopping this self praise here before you get charged up to throw that mouse at the monitor…n then I’m sparing u the worry n tension that goes with searching for a new monitor)

K
Tc
Signing off
anna

2 comments:

Paro said...

that was a gud one....
i shud say that u r a great alarm as i hav been benefitted very much by ur respectable services in waking me up..thanx buddy...

varun said...

this is true to some xtent...I mean I "had" this roommate who smokes all the time and the room is full of smoke...but ofcourse I used to hav really cool roommates.
n u can go to other room if they suck